If you own an iPod, you probably are always on the lookout for affordable sources to download music for iPod. Apart from iTunes, you may realize that there are similar services on the internet. But it can really be a challenge to figure out which is suitable.
These are the factors to consider when shopping for a service.
1. Huge selection of music and multi-genre database. It must also be constantly updated so that you can find the latest releases.
2. Offers attractive packages. The general rule of thumb is this: you want to download music for your iPod and enjoy unlimited access and pay as little as possible. A site that offers unlimited music downloads with a one-off lifetime membership is the solution.
3. No extra fees. Do verify that you do not need to pay any more fees other than the initial enrollment fees. What you are paying is for the privilege and access to download song tracks and you should never be paying for software such as file format conversion or others. Flee if they charge you for that.
4. Audio quality of the songs. Not every paid music website offers files of high quality. If you use a free P2P site, this is even worse. You can end up with incomplete or poorly copied files.
5. File format needs to be compatible with your media player. The correct formats are MP3, AAC and WMA. If the website does not provide the format, at least make sure that they will provide the file conversion software free of charge.
6. Solid customer and technical support. This is important. By good support, we also mean that they need to provide detailed, easy to follow instructions on how to use their service to download music for iPod and so on. They also need to be available whenever you need some troubleshooting.
7. Quick transfer speeds. Paid websites typically run at high speeds and can cope with massive transfers and traffic at any point of time. This is why it is better than free music sharing sites that often run into a traffic gridlock and things move slowly. The songs downloaded are complete proper ones at paid sites.
8. PC protection. You need to make sure that the site offers you complete protection from viruses, worms, Trojans, adware, spyware and all kinds of harmful codes. This is to be assured that when you download music for iPod, you do so in a safe environment.
10. No infringement of copyright laws. The site must be authorized to provide the music files. Professional ones do tie ups with record companies to offer the music so that when you download music for iPod, you need not worry about breaking the law at all. The same can not be said at some totally free P2P sites.
Read a full review of the most popular services at my entertainment and start to download music for iPod within the next few minutes.