If you are one of the numerous, but unfortunate users who have been infected with this virus, you need to look no further for a safe removal process.
What is the TrojanSpy: Win32 / Bhoban.E virus?
This virus is a fake Windows utility; a Trojan that will compromise your computer when you download a toolbar which may seem to be harmless and useful, but actually has a hidden agenda. How does the virus display itself? If your computer is infected with this virus, its speed will slow down dramatically and your browsers will redirect you to unrelated websites without your input or authority. It may seem to be part of official Microsoft Security software. All these effects are very annoying and can be potentially harmful to you. It can disable your executable programs, including your anti-virus software. As a consequence, it may open a back door to other types of threats to your computer, such as adware parasites and spyware, enabling cyber criminals to visit your computer remotely without your knowledge or consent, spying on your browser history and computer data. It should be removed immediately, before it causes damage or embarrassment, such as loss of your financial details.
How to Kill TrojanSpy: Win32 / Bhoban.E?
The removal of the Trojan has been a difficult and tedious problem for computer users because the Trojan is able to hide itself from detection. It does this by disabling protection programs and by changing itself into a state that security programs are unable to detect. The Trojan's files may be found and deleted manually, but this requires detailed knowledge and experience of registry editing, which is both dangerous (in case of errors) and time consuming.
1. Reboot your computer and keep pressing F8 till you see the Windows Advanced Options Menu. Choose the Safe Mode with Networking option and then press Enter key.
2. Select Control Panel from the Start Menu and go to Folder Options. Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended), and then click OK.
3. Open C: Documents and Setting folder and delete the following folders:
% AllUsersProfile% Application Data ~ r
% AllUsersProfile% Application Data ~ dll
4. Select the Start Menu and click Run. Type "regedit" into the Run command box. Press "Enter" or click on OK. The Windows registry editor will then be launched. Look for the two keys listed below and delete them one by one because they are associated with the Trojan virus:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
HKEY_CURRENT_USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
5. Restart the computer to complete the removal.
This manual approach can be dangerous, especially for less technical PC users, in that the wrong registry file may be accidently deleted, which may contain information and settings for hardware and operating system software use.
How to get rid of the Trojan safely and efficiently? A recommended way is to use Mighty Uninstaller. What can Mighty Uninstaller do for you? It can perform a complete scan of your system and locate any Trojans. It will then generate a final report listing the viral files it has found and will remove all the traces left by them.