It's that time of year again when back to school preparation is at the top of the list. It's on everyone's mind both young and old. Summer is coming to an end and it's time to start getting back into a routine for school. During the summer everyone tends to stay up late at night and sleep a little longer than they should in the mornings but now it's time to get back on that strict schedule.
Below are a few suggestions that can make getting back to school easier for parents and children.
· Start out by setting a decent bedtime and sticking to it a couple weeks before school starts.
· Make sure the kids get up at the same time they will need to when school starts so they can get use to it.
· Set certain times for breakfast and dinner and plan your lunch around the same time the kids will be eating at school. This will help to get them on a good eating schedule.
· Make a schedule for when the homework will need to be done each day. This way the kids know that when school starts they will need to do their work every evening at this time.
· Go shopping for new clothing. Everyone has to have a new wardrobe for back to school
· Do not forget the school supplies. Book bags, paper, pencils and notebooks are all necessary for that first day.
Back to school preparation does not have to be frustrating and difficult. The main thing is to get started a couple weeks early so you will have time to get everything back on schedule. Knowing you are prepared will also help make everyone less stressed when the big day arrives.