Downgrading your PSP from 2.0 to 1.5 involves rewriting the data stored in the flash memory on your PSP which contains the firmware. What is a firmware? In computing, firmware is a computer program that is embedded in a hardware device, for example a micro controller or a flash memory. As its name suggests, firmware is somewhere between hardware and software. Like software, it is a computer program which is executed by a computer. But it is also an intimate and vital part of a piece of hardware and without it, the hardware could not run.
Instructions on how to downgrade your firmware from 2.0 to 1.5 is provided below but always remember that firmware is an essential part of the PSP. Without it, your PSP is useless. Modifying firmware ex. Upgrading or downgrading always posses a risk of rendering your PSP completely useless. Any modification on the firmware must be done with caution.
How to downgrade your PSP from 2.0 to 1.5? Try out the steps enumerated below.
1. You must first get a downgrader for firmware 2.0 to 1.5.
2. Extract the downloaded files and Double click 2.00DownGrade.exe.
3. Choose your psp drive and extract it there.
4. Make sure that no umd is inserted. On your psp's XMB go to the "PHOTO" menu, press X to enter "eloader 099" then it will either freeze (just keep trying until it works) or bring
you into a menu.
5. Select 200Downgrader (the icon says 2.01) press X, it will bring up a new menu, press O, then press X, then press any key to exit and wait until the psp shutdown completely.
6. Power PSP back on. On your psp's XMB go to the "GAME" menu then "Memory Stick" scroll down to "PSP Update ver 1.5" and press X. Then follow the on screen instructions. This is a critical stage and accidentally turning off your psp at this stage may render your psp useless.
7. It will only install 99% then an error message will appear, just ignore it and hold power switch up till psp shuts down. When it restarts another error message will appear, Press O then it will restart again, then enter in your settings and your done. Your PSP is now a 1.5
Easy is not it? You do not actually need to sweat much to go around the downgrade procedures. Try it out right now and just follow the procedures above. But do not forget to get the downgrade firmware we mentioned in the first part of the article. That's important before you can proceed with the downgrade from 2 to 1.5.