Graphic designers nowdays require not only creative abilities, but also some understanding of other graphic design-related areas such as computer graphic design.
During the 80's, the advent of desktop publishing and of design software such as Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Fireworks, put the power and versatility of the computer at graphic designers' fingertips. Designers for the first time were easily able to manipulate images and create 3D images using the computer. Computers are now considered to be an indispensable tool in the graphic design industry, although some traditional graphic designers may still prefer to use manual and traditional tools for their creative endeavors.
With modern graphic design concepts and methodologies always changing, graphic designers need to continuously advance their knowledge of different graphic design techniques, innovations and graphic design software packages. At present, the basic instructions in graphic designing can not guarantee for a competitive product anymore without the use of high technology, so that the demand for highly skilled graphic designers is higher than ever.
To become a computer graphic designer, the basic requirements include good creative abilities, good computers skills, and good communication skills.
Computer graphic design helps graphic designers complete their tasks faster and easier. They can effortlessly translate ideas into visual imagery, save it onto their computers and edit it whenever alterations are necessary.
There are many many benefits if you go computer graphic design training geared towards arming you with a wider range of cutting edge graphic design skills. Having computer design training also means a greater choice of employment. Computer graphic design skills are in great demand in such sectors as:
1. Advertising agencies – You can use your newly acquired graphic design skills to design appealing and eye-catching advertisements for different media.
2. Web design companies – Help design appealing web pages.
3. Design studios – Apply your design skills to photo editing such as editing the contrast and the brightness of colors on the photos.
4. Publishing houses – Perform layout design and editing tasks. Publications typically follow a distribution schedule; so make sure you are able to meet deadlines.
5. Corporate advertising departments – Design professional corporate ads.
6. TV and film companies – out of all the other jobs, this is where a graphic designer is most suited as it requires a comprehensive application of the designer's skill and ability, especially if working on animation films.
Your computer graphic design training will open new doors for you into a world of greater opportunities. Your computer design knowledge, combined with your dedication and commitment, will certainly help you reach your goal.