Grow Your Local Construction Company With The Right Website
The simple fact of the matter is that most people search online before making local small business purchases. If you aren’t online, you aren’t an option. Even if you are online, if you aren’t on the front page of Google for the keywords consumers use to find products and services just like the ones you sell, you’ll likely never be found.
So what can you do to grow your local construction company online?
Read below to see why you need a construction website, how it will help your local construction company grow and the best solution for your construction website needs.
9 Reasons You Need A Construction Website – Why You Need A Construction Website
Good construction websites promote you and your company to your largest source of prospects – internet users – 24 hours a day. Without a website, you are recklessly ignoring up to 75% of your potential customers.
Better construction websites make it easy for prospects to contact your company, whether by email, contact form and/or preferably, social media. Your construction website should act as the hub for your social media and email marketing, two of the best (and cheapest!) ways to market your company. In fact, more and more small businesses are pouring more and more money into social media marketing, and email marketing returns an astounding $44 for every $1 invested!
By using a combination of publishing your own content, social media and email marketing, costs per lead are reduced by 60%!
But the BEST Construction Websites should do all this and more. Your website should help you grow your business, include features that benefit you and your prospects and act as your most efficient, profitable and valuable salesperson.
While we think there are at least 27 good reasons for you to choose us, here is a list of things our construction websites are designed to do for you:
Showcase Your Products & Services – Your website showcases your products and services for everyone to see, through photos, videos and more. Explain benefits, compare with other products/services, and show testimonials from happy customers. The more you show the more new customers you’ll make.
Save Costs – By integrating systems and automating certain tasks relevant to your business, your website will actually save you money. How it saves you money is up to you, but here are 11 ways to get your mind working.
Reach a Larger Market – Our commitment is in helping small, local businesses grow, but that doesn’t mean your target market has to remain limited to your backyard. In fact, your website can help you build relationships with strategic alliances, referral partners and affiliates and establish your construction company as a thought leader regionally, nationally and even internationally, opening up opportunities you’ve never dared to think of.
Generate (Free) Leads – The overall success of your website is limited only by the amount of time, smarts and effort you put into it. The name of the game is content, and the more of it you have, the more leads your construction website will generate. Think of the internet as television and each website as its own TV show. Without continuous, new “episodes” (content), the search engines (TV guide) stop broadcasting your show on channels related to your show (search engine result pages related to your site). But if you have a smart content strategy, your show will be a hit. Check out our website packages to see how we help you have the most popular show in town.
Educate – The more popular your show, the more traffic your site is going to get. Unfortunately, too many small business websites have poorly written sales copy, are focused on what they do, not what they can do for the prospect, and don’t engage, entertain and educate the prospect in any way. As a rule, education = conversion. Best construction websites come with professionally-written sales copy focused on customer benefits and establishing you as the expert in your local market.
Update Information Quickly – If you haven’t noticed, the world and the marketplace are moving faster than ever. Printing materials has almost become a hazard, not to mention very expensive, and forget about it if they include a typo. Having a website that is easy to edit and update on your own is vital in today’s information economy. Prospects cannot get enough information about the companies they are thinking about doing business with. Give it to them or lose out to competitors who do!
24/7 Sales Tool – In addition to the amount of information they expect, consumers also demand information to be available to them 24/7, 365. Gone are the days of requesting more information. Make a database of the things your prospects and clients ask most and develop a continually updated frequently asked questions page. Create or suggest additional online resources for your products and services and by all means, include testimonials, reviews, recommendations and media mentions of your company to sell your company while you sleep.
Control Your Content – Content makes the internet world go round and brings in free leads. The best construction websites act as a hub for all your content and transform your construction company into a virtual media outlet. Once your content is published, it can then be spread around the internet – to social media sites, bookmarking sites, article directories, local and regional media, and other strategic outlets – all leading back to your website.
Improve Branding – Branding helps your construction company stand out from the competition, but it can cost a fortune branding through traditional means. With your website, it’s free. Your logo, your sales pitch and your content combine online to build your brand and scale with your business. Without a website, you may not even exist in the mind of your prospect. But with BEST Construction Websites, you even the playing field and can even the stack the deck heavily in your favor.
Who Needs A Construction Website?
So now that you have an idea of why you need a website, you may be asking yourself whether a website will help your local construction company. The answer is YES!
Regardless of what type of construction you do, Best Construction Websites will get you to the top of your local search results and become your most valuable marketing tool.
Besides good search engine rankings, your new construction website:
- automatically captures prospect email addresses keeps track of traffic information easily publishes new
- content showcases your work in pictures and videos allows prospects to connect with you
And if you think of something else you want your construction website to do, ask us and we’ll show you how it can be done with one of our video tutorials.
Not sure if you need a website for your construction business?
Look at some of these numbers:
- Construction companies – 368,000 monthly searches
- General contracting – 165,000 monthly searches
- General contractors – 164,000 monthly searches
- General contractor – 135,000 monthly searches
- Building contractors – 74,000 monthly searches
- New home construction companies – 74,000 monthly searches
- Residential construction – 49,500 monthly searches
- Commercial construction – 49,500 monthly searches
That’s just on Google.
Each and every month.
Sure these terms are generic, but it proves that your local prospects are searching for the services you offer online – and if you aren’t online, you aren’t an option.
But if you are an option, the leads you get are red hot and ready to buy. And the higher your construction website ranks for your targeted keywords, the more of these red hot leads you’re going to get.
Imagine ranking on the front page of Google for terms like these in your area:
- Your City Construction contractor
- Your City Construction company
- Your City Residential construction company
- Your City Commercial construction company
- Your City Independent contractor
- Your City Building contractor
- Your City Building construction
If you reached the front page of Google for just 5 of those terms, with an average of 50 searches a month, you’d get no fewer than 5 of those red hot prospects every month. The sample above is for the 10th position. Those numbers increase dramatically as your rankings increase.
9th position = 7.5 hot prospects a month (150% increase) 7th position = 9.5 hot prospects a month (190% increase) 5th position = 15.25 hot prospects a month (305% increase) 3rd position = 23.75 hot prospects a month (475% increase) 1st position = 91 hot prospects a month (1820% increase)
Again, this is just an example, but a very realistic one. Depending on the amount of searches in your area, the amount of hot prospects will go up or down, but the ratios remain the same1.
Are you starting to see the importance of creating the content needed to secure these top positions? Can you see how many leads you are throwing away (and worse, they are going straight to one of your competitors) every month?
Consumers are not using the Yellow Pages any longer. They find businesses in one of two very specific ways:
- They are referred by a friend, family or professional
- They search online
And even when they are referred, there is a high likelihood they still do some research online before making a phone call. When they can’t find you, it sets off alarm bells.
At the very minimum, you need a website just because your competitors do. Sadly, that’s enough to dictate who gets the sale these days. But we’re offering you something much better.
A chance to have the Best Construction Website in your local market.
Do some research.
There are construction websites for just about any niche you can think of in your area:
- Residential contractors
- Residential construction
- Building contractors
- Building construction
- Civil contractors
- Industrial contractors
Regardless of what kind of construction you do, consumers are searching online for products and services just like the ones you offer.
How Many Construction Searches Are You Missing Out On?
There Are 368,000 Monthly Searches For “Construction Company”
How Many Construction Searches Are You Missing Out On?
In Los Angeles, this number is 2,180.
In Dallas, 1,990.
In Atlanta, 2,450.
And that’s just for one keyword.
No matter where you are, consumers are searching online for local construction services just like the ones you offer. And despite the fact there are thousands, and more likely tens or even hundreds of thousands of competitor websites, only those savvy enough to reach the front two pages of Google are really ever found.
“Ranking below page 2 has almost no business value.” – Optify, “The Changing Face Of SERPs”.
Think about it.
When was the last time you searched past page 2 on Google for anything? If you aren’t in the top 20 results, you may as well not even exist.
The good news is that if you can secure one of these results, you’ll immediately begin to see an increase in leads, sales and revenue (not to mention wonder why it took you so long to get online in the first place).
It’s also fair to say that despite the fact the majority of your local competitors have a several year head start on you, they also have some embarrassing and glaring weaknesses. Their websites are generally:
- difficult or expensive to update and
- prone to being overtaken in the search engine results.
This means with a little effort, your new construction website will start getting leads that used to choose your competitors without giving you so much as a thought.
Do a little research on your competition and you’ll see that very few of them actually publish new content and even fewer are doing it with any sound search engine or marketing strategy. Doing competitive research, we typically find the following about the websites for our client’s competitors:
- They have not been updated in several years
- They don’t have more than a handful of pages total
- They are built with ineffective software like Flash
- They don’t include social media integration
- They are susceptible to newer, better websites surpassing them in the search engine result pages
However, doing so will take some planning and effort because the sites making up the top 20 results for your construction-related keywords have two major advantages over you:
- Older domain names have more authority
- They also tend to have more inbound links
But even older domains can be overtaken by publishing relevant content, built around 1-2 well-researched keywords per page, on a regular basis.
With Best Construction Websites, you’ll probably reach the top 50 within a week of being online; the top 20 within a month. And with one of our content packages, the top 10 is right around the corner. With each additional spot you move up, your traffic and leads will increase exponentially.
The top position gets more than 3.5 times more clicks than the third spot, which gets 317% more clicks than the 9th position!
8 Ways Construction Websites Save You Money
Think getting a website for your business is a cost? Think again.
Best Construction Websites are one of the best investments you will ever make for your small business.
When you choose Best Construction Websites for your web development needs, you’re not only guaranteed to get the exact website you’ve always wanted (more on that later), but you also get a dedicated partner that takes the time to understand your business and the needs of your customers so we can design your site right to convert visitors into real-life sales.
You also get a partner that’s dedicated to helping you every step of the way once your site is live online, whether it’s to learn how to actually add things like pictures and videos to your site or to help you promote your business through blogging and social networking.
Still thinking of your new website as a cost?
Let’s take a look at 9 powerful ways your new Best Construction Website will save (and make) money for your business.
-Cash Saving Benefit #1-
It Answers Sales Questions For You –
Do your customers routinely call or email you asking questions about your business? It’s probably because they can’t find you online. We’ll help you collect and answer your customers’ most pressing questions and use this information to satisfy their curiosity without having to take up you and your staff’s precious time.
Let your website do the pre-selling for you. That’s what it’s made for.
In the meantime, spend the time you save building relationships with your current customers instead. Not only will you save money and have a more efficient staff, you’ll probably even see your profits start to grow, as well.
How Much Will You Save?
Count up the hours you and your staff spend on the phone answering the same questions over and over from prospects and multiply that number by your operating costs for an hour.
-Cash Saving Benefit #2-
It Provides Valuable Customer Service For You –
Pre-selling isn’t all your new website will do. It’s also a whiz at performing the bulk of your customer service needs, as well.
We’ll help you figure out all the ways you can help your customers get the best possible experience from your products and services and help you develop marketing materials that increase the value of your goods. When your customers have questions, your new website will be right there to do the job.
By making it easy for people to get the very most out of your products and services, you not only increase the chance they’ll come back for seconds, but you also make them raving fans of your brand that gladly refer new business. In addition to the time you’ll save answering questions, you get the peace of mind knowing your website tells the perfect story every time, even on days you get up on the wrong side of the bed.
How Much Will You Save?
Count up the hours you and your staff spend on the phone or replying to emails answering customer questions and multiply that number by your operating costs for an hour.
-Cash Saving Benefit #3-
It Reduces & Even Eliminates The Need For Printed Marketing Materials –
One of the biggest costs for any small business is the constant printing of marketing materials like fliers, brochures, media kits and instruction manuals. Stop printing and start publishing your own online versions of your marketing weapons.
When you publish your own marketing materials online, you not only get to do so absolutely free, you also have the power to make updates without having to throw away all your old stuff. It’s time you realize that YOU are your own publishing company, and your new website is the key to your very own printing press.
How Much Will You Save?
Count up the total cost for printing your marketing materials and subtract those which you deem necessary to continue printing.
-Cash Saving Benefit #4-
It Reduces & Even Eliminates Your Mailing Costs –
Since you’re now publishing your own marketing materials on your own site, there’s very little need for you to keep spending a fortune (not to mention you and your staff’s time) at the post office. Honestly, we’re moving faster and faster towards an online world where people no longer use paper needlessly.
If it can be done online, it probably should be done online.
It’s good for your pocketbook.
It’s good for the environment.
If you’ve got mailing costs, you’ve got a need for a website. Kill two birds with one stone and let your new website be your new postal worker, too. Not only will your website work through rain, sleet and snow, it also delivers faster and cheaper, never takes a day off and always smiles.
Can you say that about your postman?
How Much Will You Save?
You’ll save 50-100% of your current mailing costs.
-Cash Saving Benefit #5-
It Reduces & Even Eliminates Your Advertising Costs –
The #1 marketing cost and typical waste of money for most small businesses is advertising.
Because most of them have no idea how much their ads are making them, let alone if they are even making their money back at all. You may not need or even want to eliminate your advertising altogether, but there’s not a single good reason for your new website not to do most of the heavy lifting for you.
Besides, where do you think people are looking for your products and services anyway? It’s not on commercials and in newspaper ads. It’s online, through search engines like Google (we’re sure you’ve heard of them). As a test, go ask 10 people when the last time they used a Yellow Pages was and then ask them when was the last time they used Google. (I’d bet 9 out of 10 of them don’t even use Yellow Pages anymore).
Doesn’t it make sense to promote yourself where your prospects are looking for you? Doesn’t it make even more sense that your new website will help you do this for free?
How Much Will You Save?
Tough to approximate, but you should save 50-100% of your advertising costs once your site is optimized and reaches the front page of Google.
-Cash Saving Benefit #6-
It Reduces & Even Eliminates Your Expansion Costs –
Is your business in the enviable position of actually growing faster or according to plan? Think you need a whole ‘nother store to keep that growth on scale?
Your new website makes it possible for you to take your small business global, from the comfort of your own home if you like. Even if your products and services are local in nature, there are a myriad of ways for you to grow your business online and we’ll be there for a full year to help you figure out how.
One of the greatest things about the internet is that one-man operations can compete in the same marketplace as companies with a thousand times the resources. Often, these small operations can even do the job better, and it’s our job to help you do your job better.
How Much Will You Save?
This one’s a biggy. Think about your specific circumstance and give it a guess.
-Cash Saving Benefit #7-
It Reduces & Even Eliminates Your Billing Costs –
Bills, bills, bills. No one’s happy getting a bill in the mail, and for the privilege of sending one to your customer, it costs you $.42 (and counting).
Did you know that it’s possible to handle much if not all of your invoicing workload through your website? How much money would your business save just by eliminating the printing and mailing costs of your customer bills?
It may seem like a small number now, but multiply all your customers, by all the purchases they make in a year, multiplied by the number of years they are your customer and you can start to see that some substantial dough can be saved.
Not sure how to perform these tasks yourself? No problem.
That’s why you took the time to find a committed and knowledgeable partner to walk you through things successfully one step at a time.
How Much Will You Save?
You’ll save 75-100% of your current invoicing costs.
-Cash Saving Benefit #8-
It Reduces & Even Eliminates Your Market Research Costs –
To succeed in today’s marketplace, it’s imperative that you get to know your customers inside and out by conducting market research like polls, surveys, feedback forms and customer reviews. All of these things are free and even more powerful with your website.
By using your website to conduct this research, all the data is stored at your fingertips and analyzed in real-time. You’ve also got the power to update your materials at the click of a button and keep your information fresh to stay ahead of the competition.
Want to know the best ways to get your customers to tell you about themselves?
Want to know if you should use a poll or a survey?
Want customers to be able to provide reviews and recommendations of your products and services without having to do any work yourself?
With Best Construction Websites, you get unlimited consultation, so just ask.
How Much Will You Save?
You’ll save 75-100% of your current marketing research costs.
11 Features Every Construction Website Must Have
To succeed on the internet, there are several features your construction website should include. Individually, these items improve the performance and user experience of your website, but combined, will catapult you past 90% of your competitors right out of the gate.
- A Great Domain Name – Think your business name is the best name for your website? Think again. Nine times out of 10, there’s a better domain name that increases your ability to be found on Google and we help you find the very best one for your specific situation.
- A Clear Description – Ever been to a website and not know exactly what it was they were offering? How long did you stay on that site? Not long, right? Your construction website needs to tell visitors what you do and how you can help them within 3 seconds. Any longer and they’re off to another site, never to return. With assistance from your current marketing materials, we’ll help you craft a clear and powerful sales message.
- SEO Optimized Sitemap – What’s a sitemap you ask? Don’t worry, your competitors must not know either because more than 90% of the construction websites we see don’t include them. Sitemaps are automatically updated directories of your website sent to Google (and other search engines) whenever your website is updated. You’ll probably never even need to worry about it, but it’s included for superior performance.
- Visual Enhancements – We all know how many words a picture is worth, but how much money are they worth? When it comes to construction websites, quite a bit. Construction websites that utilize lots of pictures and videos are always more interesting and keep visitors on your site longer than those with fewer or no images. Your new website will include plenty of pictures and even more once you see how easy it is to add more on your own.
- Contact Page – A well-designed contact page can make or break whether or not a prospect actually contacts you. Asking for too much information, not providing enough information, hard-to-find information and restricting contact to a single avenue are all ways of crippling your contact conversions. With Best Construction Websites, your contact page includes a Google map, your phone number, a custom contact form, your social media icons and more.
- Testimonials – If you have testimonials, give them to us and we’ll promote them in the best possible place on your website. If you don’t, start getting some now. Testimonials are an excellent way of putting a prospects mind at ease about doing business with you. If you have online reviews of your business, we can include those, as well.
- Landing Pages – Having a specific call-to-action is key to getting prospects to do something. By using specific landing pages focused on individual products/services or cities, prospects will know exactly what you want them to do next and take the steps you desire. Your new construction website comes optimized for 3 specific cities in your area.
- A Blog – Otherwise known as a content management system (CMS), your construction website’s continued success is based on publishing new content through easy-to-update blog software. The process is similar to using Microsoft Word and just as simple. Whether you hire us for continued content development, keep it in house or outsource it elsewhere, new website content is just a click away.
- DIY SEO – Search engine optimization (SEO) is a huge buzzword, but for good reason. If your construction website isn’t optimized for the proper keywords relevant to your business, it’s difficult to build traffic and leads. Best Construction Websites are built with easy SEO in mind so you get the most value from your content with as little time invested as possible.
- Email Capture – It’s well known that prospects rarely buy upon first contact. Smart marketing is about building relationships with customers a nurturing a consistent contact schedule. The best way to go about doing this is by capturing visitor email addresses for future (free!) marketing. On the flip side, it’s also important to let visitors subscribe to your content where your website sends an alert to subscribers whenever new content is published. Both features are included with your new construction website.
- Autoresponder Series – Once you’ve captured a prospect’s email address, you’ll want to start sending them educational materials on a predetermined schedule. You can include whatever materials you think necessary, but the idea is to be brief, educational, authoritative and helpful. To get you started, your new construction website will include a 5-part autoresponder series which you’ll receive over the course of 10 days showing you exactly how to create, set-up and start using your own autoresponder series to grow your business.
By implementing all of the above features, your construction website comes preloaded for online success.
27 Benefits of Best Construction Websites
Hyperbole definition -n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect
Our beginnings are quite humble.
In fact, our parent company, Prevail PR, is so named because the owner failed with two previous businesses before learning the lessons that would eventually lead to starting a successful marketing company with nothing but a philosophy of perseverance and the still- innovative idea of guaranteeing marketing results.
Along the way, we learned the best way to go about doing certain things, namely building small business websites that kick butt in the search engines, automate future marketing efforts, cut costs and convert prospects at an ever-increasing rate.
Through thousands of hours of testing web software, online tools, marketing strategies, social media platforms and good old fashioned trial and error, we’ve been able to develop a construction website package specifically tailored to your needs guaranteed to bring you the hottest leads in your market area.
And on top of it, a minimum 30-day unrestricted money back guarantee is included with your purchase.
Plain and simple,
If you are in any way unhappy with your purchase at any time within 30 days of launching your construction website, fill out our exit survey and request a full refund and it will be granted no questions asked.
27 Benefits of Best Construction Websites
- Built with state-of-the-art open source software which is updated and improved monthly
- Immediate search engine satisfaction
- Unlimited add-on options
- Publish new content with one click
- Video tutorials to show you how to grow your website
- Free hosting for up to 3 years
- Free maintenance for up to 3 years
- Free help desk for up to 3 years
- Free autoresponder series “Best Construction Websites: From Day One To Page One”
- Free customer service for up to 3 years, even on the phone with a live person
- Money back guarantee
- Custom copywriting
- Easy do-it-yourself search engine optimization
- Easy embedding of pictures, audio and video
- Custom landing pages to maximize conversions
- Google sitemap makes your content easy and fast to find
- Custom contact page with contact form and Google map
- Submitted to major search engines
- Keyword research
- Automatic entry in referral rewards program (receive $100 for every paying referral)
- Free set up of analytics package to help you track and analyze your traffic
- Easy content syndication
- Spam filtering
- Unlimited pages
- Allow visitors to leave comments
- Continued marketing tips
- Gain front page Google results for your targeted local keywords
It’s this type of commitment to doing things right and holding ourselves accountable to each and every client that we feel gives us the right to call our construction websites the Best.